Advanced Child Protection
Mark Hatter Associates
Robin Watts/Mark Hatter
About The Course
It is important for anyone who works in child care settings to recognise the importance of working in a coordinated manner in relation to Child Protection issues.
This course is aimed at team leaders and managers of teams working with children in a variety of settings including schools, youth programmes, family support centres, community groups etc. The course aims to enhance awareness and encourage good practice and support staff in all child protection matters.
This course will help participants to:
- To understand the role of the Designated Person
- Explore attitudes and values with regard to safeguarding children.
- Understand broad definitions of child abuse and neglect.
- Deal appropriately with disclosures.
- Have an awareness of how a child’s race, culture, gender and ability inform an assessment of their needs.
- Know how to make a referral and use the referral form.
- Act appropriately on suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of suffering harm.
- Understand the Child Protection system and professional roles within this.
- Understand how discrimination can impact on children and families in the child protection system and to develop anti – oppressive practice.