Basic Child Protection
Mark Hatter Associates
About The Course
It is important for anyone who works in child care settings to recognise the importance of working in a coordinated manner in relation to Child Protection issues.
This course is aimed at those who work with children in a variety of settings including schools, youth programmes, family support centres, community groups etc. The course aims to enhance awareness and encourage good practice.
This course will help participants to:
- Explore attitudes and values with regard to safeguarding children.
- Understand broad definitions of child abuse and neglect.
- Deal appropriately with disclosures.
- Have an awareness of how a child’s race, culture, gender and ability inform an assessment of their needs.
- Know how to make a referral and use the referral form.
- Act appropriately on suspicion or knowledge that a child may be at risk of suffering harm.
- Understand the Child Protection system and professional roles within this.
- Understand how discrimination can impact on children and families in the child protection system and to develop anti – oppressive practice.